Wednesday, April 23, 2014

#1 Cover Love - April 2014



In hopes of making this blog more livelier, I decided to start with my own original monthly post (or perhaps not so original, I wouldn't know if it has been done before). The idea is to share my favourite cover from the releases of the current month.

I love pretty things. Especially pretty art on book covers. I'm familiar with photomanipulation myself, have designed free covers on the online free book and writing site, Wattpad, and even dreamed of becoming a professional cover designer - if I had professional skills. I also like to get critical over what I see as manipulation and design flaws. They say you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, and that is why I'm not going to discuss the contents; only the covers. My picks and comments are just my opinions though. Feel free to share your own! :)


And the cover of the month is...



...Plus One by Elizabeth Fama!


I love the blue-violet colors, the day and night element and how they present two different people in love. They blend into one another, two fitting pieces, like they really are 'One', as the simple but beautiful title suggests. I like that the font effects aren't flashy, but blend into the cover as well. There's not a thing I dislike. This cover is both cute and gorgeous, one of my all time favourites. I'll definitely be buying myself a copy, greatly thanks to the cover itself!



Some others that caught my eye:

The Geography of You and Me Love Letters to the Dead Frozen



Let me know what you think of my picks and what your own favourites are! :)

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I'd like to see it's full wrap. I bet that's gorgeous as well :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete